Friday, June 12, 2015

Happy 7th Birthday Jadyn!

I cannot believe Jadyn is 7 years old today! Time flies and it's exciting and sad all at the same time.  Jadyn is our answer to prayer.  We prayed for 5 years for a baby. I still remember seeing that positive pregnancy test and falling to the ground shaking and overwhelmed at God's miracle in my life.
Jadyn is quite the personality. From her labor until now she's a stubborn little spit fire, but she is learning how to use that stubbornness for God. She is one of the most creative people I know. I've learned that if she can't get a concept in her learning if we turn it into an art project she'll learn it.  She loves bright colors and making a mess in her artistic endeavors. She is a mother-hen to her little brothers and any friends that are younger than her. She has a lot of love in her heart to share with those around her. You can't meet her and not fall in love with her. Seriously, it's impossible! =)
Last night as I was tucking her into bed, I talked with her about the answer to prayer she was in my life and her dad's life. It brought tears to my eyes as I talked to her about the many tears I shed, asking God to give me another baby and then seeing that answer to prayer in her. I told her the struggles I had during that time and that sometimes I would doubt that God could even do the impossible, but God is a God of the impossible and she is a reminder to me every day of God's grace.  I went over again with her the importance of her name. Jadyn means "Jehovah has heard" and her middle name is Grace because it is only by God's grace that He allowed us to have our precious princess.
Happy 7th Birthday Jadyn Grace. We love you more than you can imagine! We pray that you will continue to allow God to use you and that you will grow in your relationship with Jesus more this year. He loves you even more than your mommy and daddy do!

Every year I take a picture of Jadyn in my wedding dress.  It's a fun tradition that we both look forward to.
Today, we had a fun mommy/daughter date to go get her ears pierced! She was so brave - didn't even shed a tear! I told her I have been looking forward to this day since she was born. I have a great memory of my mom taking me to get my ears pierced and now I was able to share that fun experience with my little girl!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails