Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Weekend Get-Away

My husband is so good about making sure we get some a weekend away at least once a year.  Our anniversary comes right around the beginning of the school year so it's pretty hectic for him to be able to get away that weekend, but he made sure we got an anniversary trip in this past weekend.  He took me to Bonita Springs and is really was such a relaxing and fun weekend together.

The beautiful hotel we stayed at.
He rented a convertible for our trip!  So much fun!
We ate so much delicious food!  I think I gained about 10 pounds! ;)
The view from our hotel room porch.  It overlooked the lake and the pool.




We enjoyed a 4 mile kayak trip through beautiful cypress trees and mangroves.  We saw lots of turtles and birds, but no manatee.  Oh well. It was so much fun!
It rained Saturday afternoon so since Mark knows me so well, we went and walked around Target and then enjoyed some pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks.
Once it cleared up we drove to Sanibel Island to walk around the beach. 
A bunch of moon jellyfish were washed up on shore.
The lighthouse
I love being goofy - this was my explorer pose! LOL
I love this man more than words can say.
A teeny tiny crab we found.
On the drive home we stopped at Bonita Beach and watched one of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen in my life.  What a beautiful and amazing God I serve!
Sunday we spent at the beach, collecting sea shells to bring home to the kids, soaking up some sun and being kids ourselves!
I love my beach hair waves.
Driving home from a great weekend. The Everglades are a pretty cool place to drive through on a sunny day!
The kids were dying to take a ride in the convertible!

It was a great weekend, but we did miss our kids (a little bit). =)  So thankful for the 13 years I've been married to my husband.  I can't imagine my life without him. It would be pretty boring I know that for sure!




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails