Wednesday, July 23, 2014

When a Stomach Virus Changes Your Plans

I had been looking forward to going to camp with our teens and the day we were to leave, well a stomach virus hit me and I had to stay home.  I seriously, don't remember being so sick.  It was quite chaotic trying to figure out if I could go, if I should fly up the next day, if my husband should stay with me.  Ugh!  I was truly disappointed.  I was looking forward to being spiritually encouraged during the week, being kidless for a week, hanging out with my husband and SIL and BIL for the week, getting to know our teens better, and well, just having fun.  I still have no idea why God allowed this stomach virus to hit.  Maybe it was to have me pray more for our teens, maybe it was to make me stop and rest.  I still am not 100%.  It's been great for my waist line.  I've lost 5 lbs.  I'm looking forward to having an appetite again and gaining all my strength back.

Gabe & Jadyn loved all the game time and movie watching they got.
Mark was good about sending me pics of MJ.  He loves camp!
On Thursday which is family reunion day at camp, I wore my youth group shirt so I could at least be with them in spirit.

1 comment:

Tiffany Nicole said...

Aw, that is such bummer! Praying you are feeling better and that God has revealed some special blessings to you instead =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails